Sunday, May 15, 2011

Secret American Vampire Hunters



Yes, there was magic involved. No, there was no bullet.

I'd like to thank the hosts of the The Biggest Mistake, one of the better comedy podcasts I employ to keep my sanity when I spend 10 hours drawing these things on Sunday. Vampire Hunting Davy Crockett came up during one of their recent shows and they were kind enough to let me use the idea in a comic.

I really really wanted to used James Earl Ray in the last panel but I thought better of it. It's not so much that I think that making fun of Martin Luther King is off limits but something doesn't sit right with me putting his assassin in a heroic light. I can deal with people who can't take a joke getting mad at me but it'd be worse if any of my comics got reposted on a white supremacy site or something. I'll save vampire M.L.K. for another strip.

Lincoln was also on the block but that poor bastard has enough guys taking swipes at him these days. Sic Semper Vampirus in any case.

No comments:

Post a Comment